F A Q
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about registering for the New York State Bar Association Committee on Children and the Law annual meeting program on February 1, 2008, on “Children in the Court: Concerns, Challenges and Benefits of Youth Participation in Court Proceedings” :
1. What does it cost? The cost is:
If you register by your deadline and you are a:
Member of NYSBA and a Law Guardian Panel -- free if you register by January 22
Member of NYSBA and a Family Court Assigned
Counsel or Family Court Appeals AC Panel -- free, but you must call
518-487-5621 first --
Member of NYSBA but not on a panel $75 registration + $75 meeting fee = $150
Member of a panel but not a member of NYSBA $200 and you must call first unless you are a Law Guardian
Not a member of NYSBA and not on a panel $75 reg. + $200 non-member + $75 program = $350
2. Can I avoid the non-member surcharge? Yes! Join NYSBA now.
3. I can’t afford the fees and I am not on a panel. Yes, if you have a financial hardship, send your request
Can I still attend? in writing to Catheryn Teeter at NYSBA,
or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. What are the deadlines?
To get the Law Guardian or Assigned Counsel fee waiver: January 22, 2008
To avoid the $50 late charge for all attendees: January 25, 2008
5. What CLE credit do I get? 3.5 hours
6. If I register with the fee waiver and then don’t go, The kindly Committee on Children and the Law
what happens? still has to pay for you. Please don’t register if
you’re not sure you can attend!
7. Will we receive a program book? Yes. See table of contents when it is hyperlinked here
(not yet available)
Last updated January 8, 2008
Links to other sites, or links to this site from any other sites, do not imply any endorsement of, or relationship with, such other sites.